Betterment Author Page
The vast majority of my recent writing can be found on Betterment’s blog, where I cover all aspects of our investing and behavioral strategy.
- Egan, D., P. Brooks, and G.B. Davies,Comparisons of Risk Attitudes across Individuals. Encyclopedia of Operational Research and Management Science, James Cochran, Editor. Wiley, 2010.
- Chapter 2 with Peter Brooks in Behavioral Investment Management: An Efficient Alternative to Modern Portfolio Theory (Now with Kindle edition!)
- D. Egan, C. Merkle and M. Weber, The Beliefs of Others – Naive Realism and Investment Decisions
- D. Egan, C. Merkle and Greg Davies, Investor Happiness
- Egan, D., P. Brooks, and G.B. Davies, Psychometric risk tolerance, exponential utility, and preferences over risky distributions. 2010.
- Egan, D., Personal Alpha: Performance Assessment by Individual Investors. 2010, FUR (BW excerpt here)
- Compass: Performance Assessment
- Compass: Behavioral Biases in the Market
- Compass: Investor Management
- Optimal Behaviour Issue 4: Optimists
- Optimal Behaviour Issue 3: Don’t Panic!
- The psychology of financial decision making
- Optimal Behaviour Issue 2: How not to measure risk tolerance
- Optimal Behaviour Issue 1: The behavioural science of risk